Friday, October 17, 2008

Tomorrow is Christian's 15th birthday. My baby brother is halfway through his teens.
I remember the night before he was born feeling the most intense anticipation - I was old enough to know what was going on and appreciate how much things were about to change. I was so, so excited.
Happy birthday, lovey.
*
I voted tonight! Our whole family got together (well, Courtney was working, but she doesn't have a mail-in ballot anyway so it doesn't matter), had dinner and filled out our ballots together. We sat at the kitchen table debating the candidates and the amendments. Dad read through the blue information booklet; Jeff complained. The whole thing felt so important and urgent. I really, really dig the democratic process.
*
So I'm making my own Halloween costume - I'm going to be a German beer maid - and I have to admit, I'm incredibly domestic. I'll post pictures when I'm finished.
*
Last night was so, so fun. Thursday nights have come to be my saving grace, the one night of the week when I spend time with a) my own demographic AND b) people I really like. Courto and I headed to Road (natch) after our Office viewing party, and as is custom, we waited in line behind RG before imbibing with a variety of other chums. EG made my night, mostly just by showing up, but of course I very much enjoyed the company of BS, TB, RG, MC and others. ZH didn't show and I was disappointed. Once you establish a reputation of Thursday night Road attendance, people come to count on your presence (much like some kind of warped family reunion).
*
MB called me back today...FINALLY. I actually started to worry that something had happened to him - he was in the hospital after a bike accident and was barely clinging to life, but his family couldn't get ahold of me. No no, he's just terrible at returning calls.
To the rest of the people in my life, take note: I awfulize when you don't return my calls. Please, for your sake and mine, don't suck at communicating.

No comments: