Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday

I'm going for a run today, I really am. But running with THIS many thoughts in my head is hazardous.
*
I stopped by the Rams bookstore today to buy a certain someone a CSU t-shirt. (This certain someone bought me a Wisconsin t-shirt a year ago, so the favor being returned is long overdue.) Anyhow, I parked my car on Mason, and walking into the store I noticed a pair of brown heels and one of those fake Western kiddie pistols lying in the grass median. WHAT THE HELL?! Someone had an interesting night - not to mention an uncomfortable, barefoot walk home...
*
At said bookstore was posted a flier for some kind of "Gathering of Extraordinary People" to be held in the LSC at some point this month. I glanced at it for a moment - long enough to see that I didn't know any of the five people speaking at the event - before deciding that they must not be THAT extraordinary if I didn't know who they were. And then it occurred to me that I'm the un-extraordinary (read: ordinary) one for not knowing them. Hmph.
*
I'm growing more scared and more pissed off about the economy by the MINUTE.
*
There's a harvest festival at the Grant Family Farm in Wellington tomorrow. I think I might go. I've never been to a harvest festival - a 'harvestival,' as it were - but it sounds exactly like the kind of place I might find "my people." (That was a gratuitous reference to an inside joke between Katie, Courto, Amy and me. Sorry.) What's not to love? It's a well-earned celebration of hard work, sunshine, local culture, decent music and good food & beer. And I'm pretty psyched about the face painting.
*
I am NOT going to miss College Ave when I leave here in a month. Let me repeat that: I am NOT going to miss College Ave when I leave here in a month. I hate that road, truly hate it.
*
A couple of nights ago a new friend of mine, BS, mentioned that he'd started listening to Elton John again. It wasn't immediately obvious why he brought it up, so after my inquiry he said he passed the information along because it was an "unexpected spark" for him. I instantly went into excited silence - other people are having unexpected sparks now, too?! Consequently, the conversation became an US for me. How full-circle.
*
ISOLATION ALE IS BACK!!! HALLELUJAH! I met LT in the Ramskeller today for a bit - naturally we drank IA - and when I dropped him off at his house afterward, I met his new kitten. He named her Sidney. As in Crosby. (Aside to, well, everyone: LT is obsessed with hockey and wanted us to name our new cat Sidney last December.) Chalk up another US. This day has just been full of 'em.
*
I'm going to the Crown Pub tonight with Courto, JT and his new lady love, EW, EG and maybe LT. CN and B? (oy, I don't know his last name!) are working. This night is going to be amazing. I've been excited since about 11am.
*
Last night at Road JT was behaving so strangely. I pointed it out, and he made some crack about how I'd "never seen him around a girl before." JT: I AM A GIRL. He laughed, but it was further conviction that I am just one of the guys. I relish that.

No comments: