Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Meet Hannah.

Hannah is not mine. Yet. She's one of more than 350 adoptable female yellow labs on Petfinder.com right now, a beautiful 3-year-old dog in need of a home.
*
I want her. I need her, and she needs me - or someone like me, someone willing to love her and play with her and take care of her and rescue her from a few short weeks in a shelter before an untimely end in an overcrowded pound.
*
I really want a dog. I feel most fulfilled when I have something (or someone) to take care of, and lately that void in my life has made itself extra-obvious. Of course, I know what kind of problems a dog would create in my life - time and money are two things that do not abound for me - and yet, I think a puppy would alleviate so many problems. Boredom. Lonliness. My lack of a running partner.
*
Hannah is not the one for me. Besides, I want to name my dog Eleanor.

No comments: