Monday, October 20, 2008

Are faux-hawks the new rally caps?

My cousin, Tom - the tall one in the middle - was in the state championship soccer game in South Dakota last weekend. He and his teammates shaved their hair into faux-hawks. (They lost the game, but they're still the second-best soccer team in the state.) And then last night watching the BoSox/Rays game, I saw one of the Rays players with a fabulous fresh faux-hawk that actually wrapped around the side of his face and met with his handlebar moustache. It all leads me to wonder...are faux-hawks the new rally caps?
*
I just about lost it watching SNL on my DVR last night when Sarah Palin called herself "Caribou Barbie." HOW PERFECT IS THAT? I found a bumper sticker on Facebook - yes, I realize I'm talking about Facebook applications in normal conversation, deal with it - that had the McCain/Palin logo and the words "Fudge-Umbridge" in place of their names. I laughed, then congratulated myself for my juvenile taste in literature. (Fudge & Umbridge are characters from Harry Potter.)
*
I could have sworn I had a billion things to write about tonight, but my brain is in a serious fog. Chalk it up to DayQuil. Thanks for the cold, Courto. Love you too.

No comments: