Friday, October 31, 2008

My kitty is gone.

Samson vanished sometime Tuesday night. We think he got outside while Jeff was on the porch, and the coyotes probably got to him before we realized he was missing.
Obviously we're all pretty upset. He was an indoor cat, and a chubby one at that, so he really didn't have a chance outside the house.

Mom hasn't given up hope yet - she thinks he's just lost, so she keeps all of the outside lights on all night long "so he can find his way home." She keeps the garage door open about 8", too.

Courtney checked the Humane Society yesterday and left a "missing cat" note there.

El jefe took Sam's favorite toy - a duck that yells "PROCESS, PROCESS!" (it's a long story, don't ask) - outside and tried to call Sam home with it.

I'm making Missing posters and hanging them on all of the mailboxes and light posts around Greenstone. I figure it's the least I can do. And as EG and JT have said, maybe someone just took him in. I guess there's always a chance.

And I really want him back.

No comments: