Sunday, October 5, 2008

Here goes nothing.

I was confirmed in the Lutheran church in May 1999, and on my confirmation day, my mentor, JL, gave me a simple blank book with instructions somewhere along the lines of "Let your heart guide you." I began journaling that night in ninth grade . . . and haven't stopped since. Having filled more than eight books at this point, I am more than accustomed to the awkward way a new journal begins. There really isn't any way past it. This new blog is no different, really.
*
Obviously I'm still journaling. I filled a book this summer at camp, and throughout my discernment process lately I've written pages and pages of colorful words in the book I use now. Because I have that output, I don't know why I want a blog . . . I just need it.
*
My life is in an interesting spot right now - I'm back at home with Mom & Dad, I'm done with school, I don't really have a job, and almost all of my friends are far, far away. I feel very much the square peg for the round hole. And, to be frank, I am truly bored out of my mind. This is the reason for my new venture: I am tired of telling people that I live a boring life. I don't - I know I don't - and I want to change my perspective. My assumption is that in writing about the "unexpected sparks" of my daily existence I will gain greater appreciation for the people, places, things and experiences that constitute my life.
*
Here goes nothing.

No comments: