Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday

I need to make this very quick. I'm supposed to be in the shower getting ready to go see the new TGR movie at the Aggie, and JT is anxious that I'm taking so long. If he knew I was writing instead, I think he'd be pissed...but I have to get these thoughts on paper. Well, sort of on paper.
*
Last night at dinner, Jeff was making me crazy - perseverating about something or other - and Dad kept signing "STOP" at me in ASL. Of course I continued antagonizing my brother, but it occurred to me after the fact how swell it was that a) our family signs with each other and b) Dad allowed me to say my peace, even though he wasn't pleased with my behavior. Then tonight at dinner - we ate at the Rio for Christian's birthday - Dad put a temporary tattoo of a pirate ON HIS FACE in an attempt to make Christian laugh.
I have SUCH a great dad.
*
Grandpa has pulled a total 180.
He had a stroke about a month ago - at 83 years old - and today he's not only back at home, he's walking and talking. I'm so excited and thankful I could cry.
This was us on New Year's Eve back in maybe 2003.
*
Work today was really fun. I've remembered almost 100% of the things I've forgotten from four years ago - it's just coffee after all - and I really dig my coworkers. One of them, JM, looked like he was going to faint when he found out I'm friends with AA. I think it may have changed his life.
*
I had a great text conversation with Courto tonight as she was headed to the Rio from work:
Me: Hurry up slow poke! You better not have showered because i still stink like coffee. Where the crap are you?
Court: I haven't! Where the crap is the mulberry exit?
Me: It's Hwy 14
Court: Fuck...
*
So Mom and Dad were in Denver last week, and when Mom spotted a guy walking down 16th Street with this Obama cut-out, she hunted him down and had her picture taken with it. If you know my mother, it's really no surprise. Anyway, she came home and showed the picture to Jeff, and the first thing he said was, "Mom, that's awesome! He kinda looks like a cardboard cut-out." Jeff, bless his heart, thought Mom actually met our future president. :)

No comments: