Monday, December 29, 2008

The Prodigal Boot Has Returned!

Sneaky's patio at sunset. (Not shown: my exhausted, cold, happy friends and I after a long day at work.)
*
Saturday was maybe the coldest I've ever been in my life. It was so cold that as I was teaching, I was thinking about ways that I could describe it when I got home to my blog. It was miserable. The cool thing about life is that one tends to rebound relatively quickly from things like the cold, so I won't dwell on it now that I'm warm again. (Also, it seemed like my kids weren't really affected by the cold, which made me feel pretty embarrassingly pathetic.)
*
AB just proposed to me the most spectacular idea: we're going to sublet our apartment during the X-Games, crash on a friend's floor (RS, I'm looking at you) and make enough money for maybe two months' rent. OH MY GOSH, I'M SO EXCITED. Done and done.
*
I cut my hands more than anyone I've ever met. In the past two days, somehow I've made myself bleed TWELVE TIMES. Honestly, who does that? It happens on the most random crap, too, like my ski boots or boxes of hot chocolate. BAH.
*
I'm happy.
*
MY BOOTS ARE TOGETHER AGAIN! Yesterday I lost one of my snow boots - the ones I wear EVERY DAY - on a ski run. It's a long story. I was devastated and really made a bigger deal out of it than I should have, especially considering I was reunited with it this morning. Hallelujah, God is good.

No comments: