Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I'm not in Kansas anymore, Toto

Just a couple of thoughts, and then I really need some sleep:
*
I've mentioned that Aspen is not an overly-expensive place to live, but I can't say it's a cheap place to visit. Take, for instance, the cost of a full-day private ski lesson for your 3-year-old: $605. No, that's not a typo, and it doesn't include the $100+ you are expected to tip your instructor (me, thank you). An "average" night at the Little Nell in downtown runs a cool $1,443 PER ROOM. I'm not in Kansas anymore, Toto. Fortunately for me, families visiting my new hometown need babysitters, and those services are also heftily marked up; I made business cards (tomorrow I'm dropping them at all of Aspen's hotels and condos) and I can hopefully expect to babysit 5-6 nights a week at $25+ an hour.
*
I'm doubling up on the Emergen-C as AB has Bronchitis and I'm about to get 10 kids a day sneezing in my face. My vicious immune system is going to get a workout this season.

No comments: