Monday, March 21, 2011

Whistler, Part 2

Quote of the day:
AJS: "Methinks is one word."
Kelsey: (disbelieving this, I look it up to find he's correct)
AJS: "I read a lot of pirate books."

Here's a short and sweet, quick and dirty synopsis of our last 48 hours . . .
- The tour of Vancouver was AMAZING! BS drove us through Stanley Park (the largest public park in North America, evidently) and around the city, where we were ultimately caught up in a belated St. Patrick's Day parade and couldn't find a way to get back to his apartment. The luck of the Irish was not with us.
- Coffee with (the other) BS was super fun. He hasn't changed a bit since the last time I saw him, which, unfortunately, was almost four years ago.
- AJS and I hit the road around noon and stopped in Squamish to hike The Chief. It reminded me a bit of a hike I did outside Glenwood back in the day (you can see pictures here), even though the views were totally different. Again, I'll post pictures later.
- Skiing today was absolutely incredible. There are no words for how rad Whistler is. My legs are completely shot. As soon as my brain can give it some credence, I'll post some pictures and an idea of what we skied.

We're skiing again tomorrow and taking a hut trip to Duffy Lake on Wednesday and Thursday, so I'll likely post another update when we return on Thursday night. Adios, amigos. It's been real.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey nice blog. If you're still a Big Red fan you might like this interview (and be a little surprised): http://bit.ly/li1ivl

Braden said...

I just stumbled across your blog and as a native Vancouverite I just wanted to say thank you for speaking so highly of our city!

David & Juanita Anum said...

Love it :)