Friday, February 20, 2009

Ten-second thoughts

I'm going to stop joking that I have cystic fibrosis every time I get a cough, because a three-year-old in my class this morning actually had it and it's not funny.
*
My mom gives the best advice. I wish I had swallowed my pride and asked for it more often when I was growing up. Tonight when I told her my brain was swimming with thoughts, she said, "I had lifeguard training. I can help you swim." She calls me 'grasshoppa,' too.
*
Today my three kids were talking about building a snowman, and one said, "We should build it, then knock it down so we can build another one." My first thought: wow, a four-year-old future developer.
*
"I only date people based on their visa status. J1? Not gonna cut it." - AB
*
Aspen Skiing Company is giving away CFLs under the guise that "you are part of the solution to help slow global warming and SAVE SNOW." The damn things are wrapped in FOUR DECORATIVE BOXES A PIECE. How disgracefully ironic and hypocritical is that?
*
I hate that the fan in my bathroom makes my shower curtain blow in against my legs like some kind of awkward, wet static cling. Blech.
*
I had a dream last night that I was driving my Outback down College Ave on icy roads when a firetruck hit me from behind, making me crash into the car in front of me. I was fine, but my car was wrecked. It was so realistic that I was surprised (and euphoric) upon finding my undamaged car this morning.
*
I'm dipping M&Ms in peanut butter. Is that weird?
*
I have two new nicknames from my friends: CK calls me Captain Scatterbrain, while DR calls me Hoover. Sadly, I think they're both pretty accurate.
*
"There is a story about the Greek Gods. They were bored, so they invented human beings; but they were still bored, so they invented love; then they weren't bored any longer. So they decided to try love for themselves. And finally, they invented laughter, so they could stand it." - Harry Stevenson, "Feast of Love"

No comments: