Monday, February 9, 2009

A note to pros: don't drop the F-bomb in front of 4-year-olds.

In reference to that title, I didn't do it. I promise. I'm really good at not swearing in front of kids. It was just the first thing that came to mind when I needed a title.
*
I love working with foreigners. There are so many opportunities for unexpected sparks. Take this morning, for example: I had to explain to KN (a kiwi) that the orange coffee pot was decaf and the brown one regular, and that those colors signified the same thing all across the United States. Then there's my friend GC, a South African with such a think Afrikaans accent that I cannot understand a single word he says. It's like a punchline to a joke.
*
Last night I impulsively bought subscriptions to Glamour, Marie Claire and Self. The grand total? $10 for a whole year for all three. That's why it was impulsive - it was also affordable.
*
How to Stalk Kelsey Tonight 101:
5:45-6:00: Dinner at home (probably soup...again)
6:00-6:30: President Obama's address
6:30-7:00: Errands in town (bank, then shipping CC the bindings I bought him for Christmas/birthday that are finally here - I feel like an awesome girlfriend)
7:00-7:20: driving back to Snowmass
7:20-10:00: Poker with - oh forget it, there are a million of us...

No comments: