Thursday, January 1, 2009

Thoughts along CO-131

I've done a lot of driving during the last month (200+ miles twice a week, actually - no exaggeration), and before each trip I've taken, a great many people have told me to drive safely. Think about that. I think it's incredibly kind. When someone tells you to drive safely, they're acknowledging that driving anywhere is inherently risky and expressing concern for your well-being. Drive safely.
*
There are some really pretty back roads between Aspen and Steamboat - wide, snowy, open valleys with two-lane highways curving through them. I'm baffled that so much pretty country has existed right out my back door for so long and I've only just discovered it.
*
Upon further consideration, I'm now totally sure - adamant even - that I have no New Year's resolutions. I don't need any. I'm totally satisfied with life, so as long as I keep living it like this, I don't see any need for intentional changes. There's just one thing I want to prioritize throughout 2009: I want to take every reasonable measure to spend time with the people I love. It may sound hokey but it's important to me.

1 comment:

Kat(i)e said...

this goes for this blog and the three or so proceeding it-- I AM SO DAMN PROUD AND HAPPY AND JUST FANTASTICALLY EXCITED FOR YOU THAT IT LITERALLY BRINGS TEARS TO MY EYES! AND I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE IF YOU WERE SITTING NEXT TO ME I WOULD BE SCREAMING THIS AT YOU IN A VERY HIGH PITCHED VOICE!!!!!

and i'm so so SOOOO excited to see you soon!