Friday, November 7, 2008

Peace.

I'm conflicted.
I'm packing for Iowa and I'm psyched for this trip. I'm excited to see Wartburg, to be around other people discerning their call, to RUN (I've been working too much to run here). I'm anxious for some serious thinking and writing time, because I haven't allotted myself much of that at ALL in the last few weeks. I love traveling and it's about time I got outta dodge for a bit.
And yet, I was hoping to mentally prepare for this - to think and run and pray and write and read enough beforehand to identify a) the things I'm looking for in a seminary and b) where I am in my own discernment process. I haven't given myself that opportunity, though, and I'm disappointed about it. I hope I can gain as much from this visit without the prior preparation as I could have with it.
*
I've had a great few days.
Obviously Obama's win was (quizas) one of the best nights of my life. I'll write more about that later.
I've spent a few evenings with CC - ! - whom I had totally forgotten about after high school (and I'm sure he, me as well). I really like hanging out with him, and this newfound friendship is further evidence of life's myriad unexpected sparks.
Work is wiping me out (I haven't had a day off in over two weeks) but I love my coworkers. I've really bonded with 2 of them in particular, AC and ER. AC is the only one I've told about Aspen (because I HAD TO TELL SOMEONE, I CAN'T KEEP A SECRET FROM THE ENTIRE STORE - IT WAS EXPLODING INSIDE OF ME!!!) and we're already planning ski dates. We've commenced the texting part of our friendship - I feel like that's notable. ER I actually knew from junior high, and the more I work with her the more I wish we'd stayed friends all these years. We laugh a LOT and we're perpetually in the same mood. I'm grateful that I've been so warmly enveloped in the store already.
I talked to AJS for a looooong time last night. I miss him.
*
My facebook status (told you I was obsessed) is an acurate summation of my thoughts lately:
"Kelsey is far too excited and relieved and happy and grateful and exhausted to think clearly."
*
Peace.

No comments: