Saturday, February 27, 2010

Peace and Joy

Okay, I'm just going to write as much as I can possibly think of in the 11 minutes before my lunch break is over, because it's ridiculous that I've gone this long without updating this amazing mind-dump. Hopefully later I'll be inspired to write even more.
*
Life is so good. I'm happy and healthy, and I laugh a lot - at work, home and play - and every single day I get to work/live/play with and run into people whose presence I really enjoy. That's all I really need from life right now.
*
"Peace is joy at rest, and joy is peace on its feet." - Anne Lamott, Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith
*
It's been really snowy here the last few weeks, which is AWESOME. Snow is good for business in both of my occupations, and it's incredibly good for my well-being. In fact, I spent a whopping three days this week free-skiing, which is unprecedented for my ski season. (In clarification, I could actually free-ski whenever I want, but the resort snow has been SO lousy - and the backcountry so unstable - that I choose to work. Almost every day. Several weeks, even 7 days in a row. That bad.) Sunday, the snow was so good that I skipped church and skied in Snowmass with a bunch of good buddies - KD, RS, AT, HG, SL and my roommate AB. We lapped Burnt Mountain, which is technically hikable side country (out-of-bounds, but not quite backcountry...just better snow than the front side). Then Tuesday AND Wednesday I went to Highlands. That was so awesome that I'll write more and post pictures later.
*
I have costume parties to attend tonight AND tomorrow night. That's a good weekend. Tonight, I'm busting out my Elastigirl costume (from The Incredibles - my Halloween costume of four years ago), and tomorrow I'll be an angel for our Snowmass Rookie Party. It's an Angels & Demons theme...and come on, I can't really pull off the demon. Nor would I want to.
*
I'm a vegan now. I'll write more about that later, too.
*
I have so many Unexpected Sparks to write about that it's ridiculous, but for now, I'll close with my current favorite:
My senior year of high school I was a journalist for our newspaper staff, and one of the better ideas I concocted as a staff writer was to set up two of my friends on a blind date, which we reported on/photographed/etc. From what I remember, it went sort of awkwardly - not that I'm surprised, in retrospect - and when I texted the female half of that pair last week to remind her that I had publicly embarrassed her way back then, she told me that she ended up making out with the guy at a bar in Fort Collins a couple of years ago. TOUCHE, my friend, TOUCHE. I'm so proud. :)

1 comment:

emjay. said...

If we're talking about the same guy...the one I took photos of and for, for that very date, I had a HUGE crush on him all through hs. HUGE.